For fans of the iconic Modern Warfare series, the anticipation surrounding the release of Modern Warfare 3 (2023) is palpable.
The gaming community has been buzzing with speculation, and one of the most awaited revelations has been the maps that will be included in this new iteration.
Now, according to reliable sources, it appears that the map list will serve as a blast from the past, bringing back maps from Modern Warfare games of old.
Below, we’ll be detailing what we know about the MW3 maps, giving you all the information you need.
All MW3 Maps We Know So Far
If you were somehow under a rock when MW2 (2009) came out, or simply need a refresher as to what maps were in the game, here is a full list that is expected to make an appearance in MW3 also:
1. Afghan: Dive into the open desert where intense demolition battles await.
2. Derail: Battle it out amidst a trainwreck set in a vast snowy landscape.
3. Estate: The fight for the cabin in the woods is back.
4. Favela: Navigate the alleyways of Brazil, suitable for all game modes.
5. Highrise: Rooftop combat on skyscrapers promises high-octane domination games.
6. Invasion: Engage in classic street-to-street firefights in this desert city.
7. Karachi: Tactical battles reign in this devastated desert town.
8. Quarry: Experience intense capture the flag matches in this medium-sized quarry.
9. Rundown: A multi-angled fight in the heart of a Brazilian village.
10. Rust: This tiny desert sandstorm map offers swift, high-paced action.
11. Scrapyard: Engage in combat in this small airplane graveyard.
12. Skidrow: Close-range urban warfare set amidst city apartments.
13. Sub Base: A snowy submarine base that offers multi-level gameplay.
14. Terminal: Engage in diverse combat at this medium-sized airport.
15. Underpass: A balanced rainy underpass with medium to long-range engagements.
16. Wasteland: Relive the Chernobyl landscape, perfect for snipers and long-range combat.
This move to incorporate the full map list from MW2 2009 is intriguing, especially considering that MW3 was initially set to be a paid DLC for MW2 2022.
However, with its evolution into a full-fledged release, this game promises not only a nostalgic journey but also an enhanced gaming experience.
The current map list, rich and familiar, is expected to expand, bringing in new terrains and challenges as the year unfolds.
As Modern Warfare 3 (2023) prepares to launch, one thing is clear: the legacy of the series remains untouched, and with the return of these iconic maps, players are in for an immersive, action-packed treat.