Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order is an action-adventure game developed by Respawn Entertainment that follows the story of Cal Kestis, a young Jedi on a quest to rebuild the Jedi Order. As players progress through the game, they’ll encounter various challenges and unlock new abilities.
To ensure that progress is not lost, it’s essential to understand how the game’s saving system works. This article will provide an in-depth guide on how to save in Jedi Fallen Order.
How to save manually in Jedi Fallen Order
In Jedi Fallen Order, manual saving is done through Meditation Points, which are scattered throughout the game’s various planets and locations. These points serve as checkpoints where players can save their progress, as well as heal, restore Force power, and allocate skill points.
To save your progress at a Meditation Point, simply approach it and interact with it by pressing the prompted button (E on PC, X on PlayStation, or A on Xbox). Cal will then kneel down and enter a meditative state, bringing up the Meditation menu. The game will automatically save your progress once you enter the Meditation menu.
Looking deeper at that Meditation menu, it consists of three main options: Rest, Skill Tree, and Leave. Here’s a brief overview of each option:
- Rest: Selecting “Rest” will restore Cal’s health and Force power to their maximum levels. However, resting will also respawn all defeated enemies in the area, except for bosses and mini-bosses. It’s essential to weigh the benefits of healing against the drawback of respawning enemies, especially in more challenging areas.
- Skill Tree: The Skill Tree is where players can allocate skill points earned through gaining experience points (XP) in combat, exploration, and completing objectives. By spending skill points, players can unlock new abilities, enhance existing ones, and improve Cal’s overall combat prowess. Unlocking skills does not require resting, and the game will save your progress after allocating points.
- Leave: If you don’t need to rest or spend skill points, you can simply select “Leave” to exit the Meditation menu. The game will save your progress, and Cal will stand up, ready to continue his journey.
Jedi Fallen Order auto-save explained
In addition to saving at Meditation Points, Jedi Fallen Order also features an automatic saving system. The game will auto-save at various points during gameplay, such as after completing story objectives, unlocking new abilities, and reaching certain locations. You can identify when the game is auto-saving by looking for the spinning save icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Saving in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is a crucial aspect of the game, ensuring that players can maintain their progress and avoid losing hard-earned abilities and story advancements. By utilizing Meditation Points and understanding the Meditation menu options, players can effectively save their progress and prepare for the challenges ahead. Additionally, being aware of the game’s automatic saving feature provides an extra layer of security, allowing players to focus on enjoying Cal’s thrilling journey through the Star Wars universe.
If you’re now playing Jedi Survivor, the sequel to Fallen Order, here is a selection of guides that will be able to help you out:
- How to get the red lightsaber in Jedi Survivor
- How to get the party lightsaber in Jedi Survivor
- How to get the Han Solo blaster in Jedi Survivor
- How to get the Luke Skywalker lightsaber in Jedi Survivor
- How to get the Obi-Wan lightsaber in Jedi Survivor
- How to heal in Jedi Survivor
- How to parry in Jedi Survivor
- How to dodge in Jedi Survivor