Parrying is an essential combat mechanic in Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, allowing players to deflect enemy attacks, create openings for counterattacks, and even reflect blaster bolts back at their opponents.
Mastering the art of parrying is crucial for overcoming the game’s many challenging encounters and achieving success in your journey as a Jedi. In this guide, we’ll discuss how to parry, provide tips for perfecting your timing, and explore the benefits of mastering this vital skill.
How to parry Jedi Fallen Order
In Jedi Fallen Order, parrying is performed by pressing the block button (L1 on PlayStation, LB on Xbox, or Mouse 2 on PC) just as an enemy’s attack is about to connect.
When executed correctly, Cal Kestis, the game’s protagonist, will deflect the incoming attack, often staggering the enemy and leaving them vulnerable to a follow-up strike.
It’s important to note that not all enemy attacks can be parried. Some unblockable attacks are indicated by a red glow and require the player to dodge or evade instead. Additionally, parrying consumes a portion of your block stamina, so be mindful of your stamina meter during combat.
Jedi Fallen Order parry tips
Perfecting Your Timing
Successfully parrying enemy attacks requires precise timing and a keen awareness of enemy attack patterns. To master this skill, you’ll need to practice and familiarize yourself with the various enemies you encounter throughout the game.
Observe Enemy Movements
Each enemy type has a unique set of attack animations and patterns. Pay close attention to their movements and look for visual cues that signal the start of an attack. With practice, you’ll begin to anticipate and predict incoming attacks, making it easier to time your parries effectively.
Start with Basic Enemies
Before attempting to parry the attacks of more formidable foes, practice your timing against basic enemies like stormtroopers and scout troopers. Their relatively simple and predictable attack patterns make them ideal targets for honing your parrying skills.
Use Audio Cues
In addition to visual cues, listen for audio cues that signal an incoming attack. The distinctive sound of a lightsaber or blaster bolt can provide valuable information on the timing of your parry.
Benefits of using the Jedi Fallen Order parry
Once you’ve honed your parrying skills, you’ll find that this mechanic offers numerous advantages during combat, including:
- Countering Enemy Attacks: A successful parry leaves your opponent staggered and vulnerable, allowing you to follow up with a powerful counterattack. This is particularly useful against enemies with high defense or those who frequently block your attacks.
- Deflecting Blaster Bolts: Jedi Fallen Order features numerous ranged enemies who attack with blaster fire. By mastering the timing of your parries, you can reflect these bolts back at your opponents, often taking them out with their own firepower.
- Preserving Health: Parrying effectively reduces the damage you take during combat, allowing you to preserve your health and survive longer in challenging encounters.
- Gaining Force Energy: Each successful parry generates a small amount of Force energy, which can be used to perform powerful Force abilities like Push, Pull, and Slow.
Parrying is an indispensable skill in Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, enabling players to turn the tide of battle and overcome the game’s numerous challenges.
By understanding the basics of parrying, perfecting your timing, and recognizing the benefits of mastering this skill, you’ll be well on your way to becoming a formidable Jedi Knight.
So, pick up your lightsaber, practice your parries, and embrace the ways of the Force as you forge your path through a galaxy far, far away.
If you’re now playing Jedi Survivor, the sequel to Fallen Order, here is a selection of guides that will be able to help you out:
- How to get the red lightsaber in Jedi Survivor
- How to get the party lightsaber in Jedi Survivor
- How to get the Han Solo blaster in Jedi Survivor
- How to get the Luke Skywalker lightsaber in Jedi Survivor
- How to get the Obi-Wan lightsaber in Jedi Survivor
- How to heal in Jedi Survivor
- How to parry in Jedi Survivor
- How to dodge in Jedi Survivor