Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order is an action-adventure game developed by Respawn Entertainment that follows the story of Cal Kestis, a young Jedi on a mission to rebuild the Jedi Order. Throughout the game, players will engage in various forms of combat, utilizing lightsabers, Force powers, and other physical attacks.
One such attack is the Kick, a close-quarters combat move that can be used to stagger enemies and create openings for follow-up attacks. This article will provide a comprehensive guide on how to Kick in Jedi Fallen Order as well as some tips to use this ability effectively.
How to Kick Jedi Fallen Order
The Kick is a quick, close-range melee attack that Cal can use to strike enemies and disrupt their defenses. The Kick can be particularly useful against enemies who are blocking or parrying your lightsaber attacks, as it can create an opening for additional strikes. It’s important to note that the Kick doesn’t deal a significant amount of damage, but its primary function is to create opportunities for more powerful attacks.
To execute the Kick in Jedi: Fallen Order, follow these steps based on your platform:
- PlayStation: Press Circle + Square
- Xbox: Press B + X
Timing is essential when using the Kick, as it’s most effective when used to interrupt enemy attacks or break through their defenses. Be sure to practice using the Kick in various combat situations to familiarize yourself with its timing and effectiveness.
This is only unlocked when you acquire the ability Evasive Kick which can be got by upgrading Cal’s skills. This will allow you to dodge an enemy attack, and then follow up with a Kick to inflict some damage.
How to Kick effectively in Jedi Fallen Order
To make the most of the Kick attack, it’s essential to integrate it into your overall combat strategy. Here are a few tips to help you effectively utilize the Kick in Jedi Fallen Order:
- Interrupt Enemy Attacks: The Kick can be used to disrupt an enemy’s attack animation, providing a brief window of opportunity for you to follow up with a lightsaber strike or Force power. Keep an eye on your opponent’s movements and look for an opening to use the Kick effectively.
- Break Enemy Defenses: Some enemies in Jedi: Fallen Order will employ blocking or parrying techniques to counter your lightsaber attacks. Using the Kick against these enemies can help break their defenses, leaving them vulnerable to subsequent strikes.
- Chain Attacks: The Kick can be incorporated into attack chains, allowing you to mix up your offensive strategy and keep enemies off balance. Experiment with different combinations of lightsaber strikes, Force powers, and Kicks to discover new ways to defeat your foes.
- Crowd Control: When facing multiple enemies, the Kick can be useful for creating some breathing room and maintaining control of the battlefield. Use the Kick to push back nearby enemies or stagger stronger foes, allowing you to focus on a specific target or escape a dangerous situation.
The Kick in Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order is a versatile combat tool that can greatly enhance Cal’s fighting abilities when used effectively. By mastering the timing and execution of the Kick and incorporating it into your combat strategy, you can become a more formidable opponent and increase your chances of success in the game’s challenging battles.
Remember to practice using the Kick in various situations, and don’t be afraid to experiment with different attack combinations to discover new ways to conquer the galaxy’s most fearsome adversaries.
If you’re now playing Jedi Survivor, the sequel to Fallen Order, here is a selection of guides that will be able to help you out:
- How to get the red lightsaber in Jedi Survivor
- How to get the party lightsaber in Jedi Survivor
- How to get the Han Solo blaster in Jedi Survivor
- How to get the Luke Skywalker lightsaber in Jedi Survivor
- How to get the Obi-Wan lightsaber in Jedi Survivor
- How to heal in Jedi Survivor
- How to parry in Jedi Survivor
- How to dodge in Jedi Survivor