Starfield is a game that offers not just endless space exploration but also a plethora of customization options.
One area that you might not have even thought about changing up is the loading screens in Starfield as in most games, these are either static or a simple black screen.
However, these can be customized, and with this guide we’ll be teaching you exactly how this is done so you can add an extra personal touch to your game.
How To Customize Starfield Loading Screens
If you want to change up those loading screen images, the way you do so is by using the in-game Photo Mode.
While the game doesn’t provide an in-game editor to create loading screens from scratch, it does allow your captured photographs to serve as custom loading screens.
Photo Mode in Starfield is accessible in two ways:
- Through the Game’s Menu: You can directly access Photo Mode from the main menu under the ‘Options’ tab.
- Using the Scanner: When you’re in-game, you can also activate Photo Mode by using your character’s scanner.
Both methods pause the gameplay, giving you time to adjust the camera angle, zoom, and other settings to capture the perfect shot.
Once you’ve accessed Photo Mode, you have complete freedom to take stunning pictures of various elements:
- Your Character: Show off your character’s latest gear or capture them in action.
- Environments: Capture the scenic beauty of alien planets, asteroid fields, or cosmic phenomena.
- Your Ship: Take dynamic shots of your spaceship, whether it’s docked at a station or speeding through the cosmos.
When you’ve framed the perfect image, click to capture the shot. This will save the picture to Starfield’s photo gallery.
You can view all your saved images by going to the main menu and selecting the ‘Photo Gallery’ option. Here you can:
- Browse through your captures
- Delete any photos you don’t want
- Admire your photography skills
Once your images are saved in the photo gallery, Starfield will randomly use them as loading screens during your gameplay. It operates similarly to a screensaver on a Windows PC, displaying different images from your photo gallery at various intervals.
Overall, the ability to customize loading screens in Starfield adds a delightful layer of personalization to your space-exploring adventures.
By simply using the game’s Photo Mode to capture stunning images, you can replace the default loading screens with scenes that mean something to you.
Now, every loading screen becomes a showcase for your in-game experiences and photography skills, making the wait between game sections just a little more enjoyable.